The Purpose of the Policy
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by the Unipower Owners Club & Register. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means the Unipower GT Owners Club & Register residing at Brentleigh, Church Lane, Plummers Plain, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 6LU, United Kingdom). If you wish to contact us, please visit our contact page.
By contacting us, using our services, or visiting our website (our “site” (www.unipowergt.uk), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise and we agree in writing to a variation of the Policy.
Who this policy applies to
This policy applies to both Service Users and www.unipowergt.uk Web Users except as otherwise stated for interpretation, the following words have the following meanings:
• Web Users anyone visiting our site.
• Service Users any recipient of our services, whether it be directly provided by us or indirectly through a third-party associate.
• Services any assistance we provide to you, including but not limited to; programming; advice and information etc.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, survey, and when you contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you
We collect the following information for Web Users and Service Users:
• Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. This information is generic and not specifically linked to any individuals to comply with GDPR practices.
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. This information is generic and not specifically linked to any individuals to comply with GDPR practices.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following way:
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information:
Information we collect about you
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
• For Web Users only - analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Anonymous disclosure of information
We may share information in fully anonymised form with the following:
• Google Limited;
• Microsoft Limited;
Please rest assured this type of sharing of data will only be in anonymised format and you will not be identifiable from the collated data we disclose.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site (www.unipowergt.uk), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data and information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
• Right to Access – to access all the data we hold about you;
• Right to Erasure – that we erase all data we hold about you, if the data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent as above.
• Right to Data Portability – to easily copy or transfer the data we hold about you from us to another service provider.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes and then archived within 12 months of the date you stop using our services.
The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
• measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• remember you while you’re changing your email subscriptions
You can disable cookies from inside your browser settings.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use the www.unipowergt.uk website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
• the pages you visit on www.dkeng.co.uk
• how long you spend on each web page
• how you got to the site
• what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Cookies: Introduction Message - Cookies and Privacy
You may see a pop-up welcome message when you first visit the www.unipowergt.uk website. We’ll store a cookie so that your computer knows you’ve seen it and knows not to show it again.
We use YouTube to provide videos on some pages of the site. YouTube sets cookies when you visit one of these pages.
Links to other websites
Our website (www.unipowergt.uk) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Does the Unipower GT Owners Club & Register collect information from children?
The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the site, service or software. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the site, service or software without their permission.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. (An explicit 'opt in' action is required for this).
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact the Unipower GT Owners Club & Register (Write to: The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register, Brentleigh, Church Lane, Plummers Plain, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 6LU, United Kingdom)
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, to: The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register, Brentleigh, Church Lane, Plummers Plain, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 6LU, United Kingdom. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Does the Unipower GT Owners Club & Register share my Personal information or user content?
The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
• We have your explicit consent to share the information.
• We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf, including in connection with errors analysis (also called “error dumping”) and correction.
We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
You have the right to withdraw consent to your data at any time, where relevant. Simply contact The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register (Write to: The Unipower GT Owners Club & Register, Brentleigh, Church Lane, Plummers Plain, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 6LU, United Kingdom or email us via our contact form).